Come and see us at our new blog address-

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30: Because this time I could have earned Mother of the Year.

My kids were absolutely atrocious today.

Honestly.  They were so bad that Will was actually sent to bed without dinner.  At 6:00 PM. 

I'm not joking folks, it was that bad.  And it wasn't just one of them, it was both of them.

The part I'm grateful for?  I was calm.  And logical.  And loving!  I could tell that there was a greater power helping us out tonight because without it our house would have imploded.  I'm so grateful that I could go to bed tonight knowing that, for once, we actually did everything right.

As a parent, I think you need to really celebrate those moments.

On a completely different note, I've been really grateful for this Gratitude Project.  I know I didn't post pictures every day like I had planned, but that's just the way it is.  It's not exactly convenient to carry a camera around with you every second of every day.

Plus if I were to start taking pictures in church I'm pretty sure I'd be ostracized from my community.

And we can't let that happen.  I digress.

Each day I would start out thinking, 'I know exactly what it is I'm going to blog about today.'  When the day wrapped up, it was almost never what I was expecting.  It was always a great surprise and I found myself being more aware of my blessings.  It has been a great experience and I hope to continue at least the state of mind in the future.

After all, I have a lot to be grateful for.

1 comment:

kalie said...

But seriously. Some of the best posts+pictures EVER would come from church. I have the CRAZIEST story for you. Remind me Wednesday.