Monday, August 30, 2010
Will: There aren't any more wicked men, hu Mom.
Mom: There are still wicked men.
Mom: Because Satan doesn't want people to live with their families and to live with Jesus and Heavenly Father forever, so he tells people to do bad things and those people are wicked.
Will: Well, if Satan comes I'm going to cut his head off with my sword.
Mom and Dad: ?!?!
How do you respond to that?!
Saturday, August 28, 2010
- I'm afraid of thunder in the night. I always end up tensing up and curling into a ball next to Dallas. If it's really bad, he'll end up rubbing my back until I calm down. I'm afraid it's going to come through the window to strike me.
- Every morning when I wake up I make a goal to take a nap that day.
- Sometimes, while reading, I become a binge eater. I'll pound 10 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies without realizing it.
- When my kids wake up- either for the day or from their naps- I let them stay in their rooms, particularly Annie, until they start to cry. Awful, I know.
- I have a new found love- Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters. Preferably in almond. I eat the entire bag in a sitting.
- I don't think there will ever be a sitcom greater than Seinfeld.
- I think I may enjoy running more than theater. Maybe it's because it's easier to find the time to run. And it's cheaper.
- I really really really wish I didn't have to get ready every day.
- So, sometimes, I don't get get ready.
- I frequently forget to return my Redbox movies after one night.
- I like the occasional Rap song.
- I HATE wiping noses. Probably worse than wiping bums.
- Sometimes I tell Will that I ate my vegetables before I came to the dinner table so I don't have to eat any.
- I also sneak treats without my kids seeing so I don't have to share.
- I miss going to school.
- I love buying school supplies.
In spite of all these things, I'm still normal. Right?
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself, and I'm beyond grateful that He led me to Dallas. He is my balance. He makes me a better person because I'm always striving to catch up with him. Everything seems easier when we are together. Best of all- he makes me laugh. Always has. Always will.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
I'm grateful I have a husband that is willing to do something that is a little inconvenient in order to please a 3 year old little boy.... even though he fed said 3 year old a "treat breakfast."
Friday, August 13, 2010
It's because I know what I'm in for when fall begins- Dallas' long days of school.
However, I am excited that he will be stepping foot on the University of Utah campus where he will be graduating. Four years is a long time from now, but I also know how quickly four years can fly by; I have an almost four year old boy to prove it! I'm so proud of Dallas and what a hard worker he is. He's talented and driven and he is an incredible provider for our family. He's set a big goal for himself and I can't wait until I'm sitting in that arena with a 7 year old boy and a 4 year old girl as we watch their Daddy receive his Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
For now I will busy myself with making lunches, playing with kids, serving in primary, the occasional book and TV show, and running my heart out. I'm not going to wish time away- there's too much to enjoy along the way.
Monday, August 9, 2010
We went camping with my brothers Sam and Clay last Friday night.
... maybe Sam got a flat tire on the rough road to Cascade Springs and he didn't have a jack, lug wrench, or spare.
.... maybe by the time we got to the campground it was full.
.... maybe by the time we actually got to a place to camp it was 8:30 PM and we ended up having a very late dinner.
.... maybe we forgot the plates.
However, we still managed to have a good time making memories about how sometimes we are total WILSON'S.
I'm hoping I'll grow out of it one day.