Wednesday, March 31, 2010
"Real Mayo, baby. Please don’t use Miracle Whip for the following two reasons:
1. Miracle Whip is from the devil.
2. Miracle Whip is from the devil.
Thank you for your cooperation."
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Monday, March 29, 2010
It's really not a big deal. I peruse the merchandise that randomly popped into my head- a PW Cookbook here, a fancy pair of flats there, or a Shabby Apple clearance item that is only a click away from those fancy flats I mentioned only a second ago. The problem? That little shopping cart in the corner of the screen gets full really fast. Then, before I even know it, I have spent over $120 on dresses. Have I mentioned that the last dress I purchased was probably in my pre-teens? It's about time I owned one besides my wedding dress, but did I really need to blow my budget on it? Too late now. The very, very cute Shabby Apple dresses are hanging in my closet. And they can't be returned because they have already been worn to church.
It's all good, Dallas. I dumped my Amazon.com cart earlier today that was totaling $46.28.
Do any of you find yourself totally loading your Internet carts and then dumping them at the final check-out screen? You know, right before they actually charge your card?
You are a tricky fool.
With much distaste (and occasional joy),
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
At.... not being able to crawl,
her two front teeth that are working on coming through,
and her Mommy that still makes her eat rice cereal mixed with every kind of pureed fruit/veggie even though she avidly spits it out at every feeding.
She still manages to be very...
cute with that awkward baby hair of hers,
sweet in the morning with her energetic kicks when she finally sees my face above her crib,
determined to do all of those things that she wants.
16 lbs 15 oz (15%)
28 in (65%)
Monday, March 22, 2010
They were all sleepy and ready to go to bed....
We were lucky enough to have our family pictures taken by our friend Laurel Hansen. I've only seen a sneak peek so far, but they look so cute! I can't wait to see the rest. I'm so lucky to have such talented friends.
One surprise during our little getaway was running into my old friend Leslie (Fitch) Judd at Cafe Rio! She was just as sweet and beautiful as ever. I'm so grateful for blogging so that I can stay in touch with old friends like her.
Friday, March 19, 2010
The sun the last few days has been enough to lift our spirits and allow us to enjoy a little teaser of spring. We used the first moderately warm day as an excuse to go on our first family jeep ride of the season. Fresh air in our faces and the sun in our eyes couldn't have been more fulfilling. I was even surprised that Annie enjoyed the excursion; she let us know with squeals of joy every minute or so. For a baby that doesn't get excited very easily, she sure loves the jeep!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Dallas' family came down for a visit this last weekend. This means two things: 1)We stay up really late, and 2)Our house is in chaos. It is always fun, and always crazy. I guess that's what happens when you get 18 people in one place. Highlight? Twilight isn't just for girls :).
Also, this fabulous quote from Will: "I accidentally spilled the juice on purpose, but don't worry, I cleaned it up."
Monday, March 8, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
"Oh, Annie. How can I resist that smile? You can have whatever you want."- Dallas
I think Annie is going to learn, very early, who she should ask when she wants something.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
- Climb underneath my skirt during the sacrament and announce, "Hey Mom! You forgot to wear pants!"
- Tell me you don't like me because I won't let you have any chocolate chip cookies before dinner.
- Get me up in the middle of the night because you need to use the potty, but don't want to wash your hands with soap and water because you would rather use the "hanitizer".
- Jump all over the couches after I tell you no only to sit down quickly and say, "Oh. I forgot."
- Torment Annie by trying to hold her hand, even when she is protesting loudly that she doesn't want her hand held.
- Yell "Hi Kyla!" in the middle of the sacrament.
- Tell me you have a "bully ache" when eating your dinner because you would rather play than eat.
- Scrunch up your face and tell me "No" when you don't want to clean up your toys/use the potty/take a nap/go to church/eat your dinner/do your chores/brush your teeth.
... because one day, you are going to thank me for everything.