Come and see us at our new blog address-

Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12: What are you going to be when you grow up?

No picture for this one.  It is, however, something I want (and NEED) to remember always.

This afternoon I went to Target to peruse the Christmas merchandise (and toys!) with my Dad and my kids.  On the way home I attempted some light chit chat with the munchkins:

Me:  Will, tell Grandpa what you want to be when you grow up.
Will:  I want to be an artist and a paleontologist.  Dinosaurs are all dead, but you could also find other things like bugs, and snakes, and lizards...
Me:  That's great!  Annie, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Annie:  A kitty!  What do you want to be when you grow up, Mom?
Me:  A mom!  Or maybe a nurse or a teacher.
Will:  Annie, Mom can't be anything else because she's already grown up.  Plus, if she was a nurse then she couldn't take care of us!

Will was so right.  I don't want to be anything else but the mother of my sweet children.  Right now is the season to take care of my kids.  I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to do so.  The sacrifices that Dallas and I make so that I can stay home with them are minuscule compared to the blessings we receive as a family.

3 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

Kids are so wise sometimes. It's so nice to have those little reminders that the job of Mom is #1.

Pugmire family said...

This is precious. You are so good to write this on your blog. I write everything in a little book which isn't the best idea because I misplace things at least once a day. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. By the way I have started running again and someday when we move back to Heber I am going to be fast enough to run with you....ok maybe just fast enough for you to tolerate running with me. That would still be a huge accomplishment!

Andrea said...

I love this thought- I need the reminder.