Thursday, October 30, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
While Dallas was hunting, Will and I went to S-town for a fun visit. It was Cami's 29th birthday (again), so we had a bash. James proved, once again, that he has very little life outside of video games after playing Guitar Hero and hitting 100% of the notes. What a loser. (I WISH I WERE YOU!!!) I even squeezed in visits to Whit and my Aunt Elaine.
Highlight of the weekend: Finding out that Dallas didn't shoot a deer, and that I, therefore, wouldn't have to eat any. Glad you had a good time, Dal!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Thursday, October 16, 2008
1. I collect.... toys for my little man! I know I've posted it before, but it's true. This is a picture of pretty much all of his cars. He always gets them all out and drives them from the table, to the couch, and back to the table.
2. I'm obsessed with... my new sheets! I finally sprung for a new bed ensemble last weekend. (We've been in need of a new one since our last comforter was fried by the commercial dryer at the laundromat. Oops). I tried really hard to get away from red and brown. I failed.
3. I drive... a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport. It is still missing its lift kit; we have tried to put it on twice now, and both times something breaks on the Jeep and we can't do it. Bummer. I also posted a picture of Dallas' "new" truck. It's a 1999 Chevy Silverado.
4. Self portrait... no comment.
5. I'm procrastinating... my History 1700 homework. I hate reading textbooks, especially when I day dream while reading and can't recall any of the information. This class is the worst; I don't recommend internet classes.
6. Favorite room... my bedroom. I do most of my living in there as of late. It's the only place in this basement that really feels like me. Isn't my new bedspread cute? It will look better when I get my brown decorative pillow.
7. Our backyard... I can't really claim that it is mine, but it is where Will plays. It's nice to have a fenced back yard where I don't have to worry about checking on him every 5 seconds. Now I can just check every 5 minutes.
8. Favorite things... My boy! I took this picture yesterday because he wanted me to, and this was his "smile". It needs a lot of work! But, he's still cute.
9. My closet... is twice as big as it used to be! It used to be more organized than this, but every time I try to pull down one hoodie, they all come tumbling down.
10. Item I can't live without... my camera! I can't very well take a picture of that, now can I? It's just a little point and shoot Pentax, but I have to have it. It makes me angry when I forget it on an outing. We finally got an external hard drive with 500 G of memory so I have room to store all of my pictures and digital scrap booking.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
PS- Will read his first book today! Kind of. He repeated every word I said through out the entire book. We read The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss. It's so cute. I'm going to record it and post it eventually. He's getting so smart.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
"It is un-American and certainly un-Christian to say that because the ideal is not always possible, that we should stop striving for it all together." -Nicki Preece
Visit www.protectmarriage.com for more information on the proposition.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Will is 36 in. tall (85%), 25.7 lbs (20%), and his head circumference is in the 60%. At the age of 2 he is able to count to 10 (with only forgetting about 1 number on occasion). Will knows all of his colors- even gold, orange, pink, and purple (thanks to his array of motorcycles). He uses 3-4 word sentences frequently and can understand 2 step commands (ie, go and get your motorcycle and put it in the toy box). He jabbers all day long with many other words that we don't understand. His favorite friends are James his cousin and James his uncle (thanks to his race car), Ty, and McKenzie Harvey. Will likes all kinds of foods; he has even been known to beg for beans! He doesn't like cake, but he does like pop and ice cream. His favorite shows are Curious George, Cars, Little Einsteins (which he calls Rocket), and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He also loves to watch motorcoss and off-road movies, or motorcycle videos on You Tube. He gives his Mommy and Daddy kisses frequently, but they don't come free to anyone else. He is good at saying "please" and "thank you" as well as "your welcome". He's even better at saying NO. He is pretty stubborn, and if he doesn't want to do something, then he won't. He gets hyper at night before bed and always makes us laugh. He usually sleeps through the night; he goes to bed at 9PM and wakes up around 6:45AM. He still takes one nap in the afternoon for about 1.5-3 hours (which I love!). He is our little man, always keeping us on our toes. We love him so much and are so glad he's ours.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Plus, by going to school, you also get conversations like this:
Me: I'm going to my friend Katie's house tonight for a make-over.
Grandma K: When Dallas gets back from school he'll have to comment on how beautiful you look.
Dallas: And when I get back from my Math class you will have to comment on how big my brain is.