Come and see us at our new blog address-

Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Gratitude Project- Day 1


The older I get, the more I love the Thanksgiving holiday.  I used to think of it as the kick off to Christmas, but it's totally different now.  I love this month for what it is- a month of gratitude.  A month to praise God and thank Him for the countless things He's given me.

Last year I tried to take a picture of what I was most thankful for that day, and I'm going to do my best to keep this a tradition.  This year I may not post a picture every day, but there will always be something named specifically.

Today I began preparations for my lesson I will be giving at the end of the month.  As I was reading the talk I'm to present, I was overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have a testimony.  So many people struggle and doubt, but I have been blessed with this knowledge from a very early age.  My testimony has grown so much over the years, but the basics have remained the same:  I know we have a loving Father in Heaven who sent us here with a plan for our own salvation and happiness, I know we have a Savior, Jesus Christ, who saved our souls and will comfort us at any time if we ask Him to, and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the fulness of His gospel on the earth today.

This testimony is one of my greatest treasures, and one of my greatest blessings.

No comments: