Come and see us at our new blog address-

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11- Forever Family

Every night as I tuck Annie in for bed, I get to sing to her.  She usually chooses the songs, but tonight she was so sleepy that I just sang whatever came to mind.  The last song I sang was one of my favorites, "Families Can Be Together Forever."

This song is from one of my earliest memories.  I remember sitting in my dark bedroom with my little brother Clay and my Dad, our faces lit up by the glow of the computer screen.  My Dad had a genealogy program, and one of the options let you play that song with the words.  It was a simple one sound, electronic melody, and we sang along together.  At such a young age I knew that the words to that song were true:

I have a family here on Earth,
they are so good to me.
I want to share my life with them
through all Eternity.

Families can be together forever,
through Heavenly Father's Plan.
I always want to be with my own family,
and the Lord has show me how I can.
The Lord has shown me how I can.

Tonight, in my daughter's room, that feeling hasn't changed.  I know our family is forever.

This testimony reminder came on a day that was special for another reason- our friends Brady and Angie Draper blessed their baby boy, Ryder W. Draper, in Sacrament Meeting.  It was the most tender of blessings, not a dry eye in the room.  He is a very special little boy, and he is in a very special family.  We are all so thankful for eternal families today.

No comments: