Come and see us at our new blog address-

Thursday, October 15, 2009

What would you pay?

6 jars of Prego spaghetti sauce
12 cans of Progresso soup
2 large boxes of Cheerios
3 packages Betty Crocker cookie mix
3 tubes Crest toothpaste
1 bag of Sunchips
2 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
2 Almond Joys

I love what I have learned using the website Grocery Smarts. I only paid 29% of retail on these items! The Cheerio's were 20 cents, toothpaste 25 cents, the candy bars were FREE.... I could go on and on! I spent only $26.96 on $91.25 in groceries. These are all things (besides the candy bars!) that we use frequently in our house. It is awesome to see how much we are able to save. Our food budget has been the same for the past two months, but now I have an actual food storage that we can rotate through. (I am even having a hard time finding a place to put all this food- hence the 12 boxes of cereal on top of my kitchen cupboards). I love working the system :o).

6 comments:

Nelson said...

I am so impressed! I will strive to make it happen.

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

TELL ME HOW YOU DO THIS!!!!!!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

That's awesome!

marciea casselman said...

Man, Amylee, I have never done quite that good on deals. I feel pretty proud sometimes when I leave the grocery store but I would be doing backflips on that kind of savings.
Maybe I had better check out that website!

Brian and Amber said...

I would really love to start couponing. Where do I start? Maybe at Alex's blessing you could give me some pointers :)

Troy and Heather said...

Gosh, I have not been on your blog for awhile. I keep forgetting it is private. Love all of the pics of Annie, Will, and sweet new little Alex. We are trying to do the coupon thing with shopping as well. Troy does a better job than I have, but it so great to pay nothing for some suff. Our food storage is getting built up the same way. Isn't it great?