Come and see us at our new blog address-

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sweet, sweet Annie

I love my daughter, BUT she can be a challenge sometimes. The last few months have been filled with ups and downs (more ups than downs), as well as the reassurance that she is nothing like her brother.
Annie has been having a hard time nursing. This is frustrating because for the first two weeks she was a champ! Well, then she decided that she was going to wake up and join life; it has been interesting ever since. I finally figured out that she wants things on her own time-table, not mine, and if I try to change that she lets me have it. Therefore, any sort of schedule is out the window. (Goodbye Babywise- I loved you for my first, but you just don't work with my second).
Annie is quite the social little thing. She loves to be held and is already trying her hardest to sit up so she can see everything. (I think she might have some of that Kaiserman-I'm-afraid-I-might-miss-something-gene.) She is mostly observant; she smiles and giggles on occasion, but not at the drop of a hat.
Annie loves her Mama. We snuggle all day and I still can't get enough of her. She finds her brother amusing, mostly from a distance, but her Daddy is her favorite. She gives him most of her smiles and sounds.
She also loves her little sesame street mobile that was handed down to her from her Aunt Shanna. She will talk and talk to those little characters all through her diaper changes.
Annie loves sleep, just like her Mom! She likes to go to bed around nine, and most nights will sleep until 6AM or 7AM. She will then wake up to be fed, and head right back to sleep until about 8:30AM. She will be awake for only an hour or so, and then it's back to dreamland for another hour. She takes a big nap with Mom (when possible) in the afternoon, but catnaps the rest of the day until bedtime. How grateful I am for a baby that sleeps through the night!

Annie slept in her crib for the first time last night. She seems to like it; there is a lot more to look at with the designs of her crib sheet and bumpers.
She has recently began blowing bubbles (which is still cute because she's so teeny), and she loves to have a blanket all bunched around her face when she is in her swing so she can hold onto it. (If I can't calm her down, that is what I do and it works like a charm).

It never ceases to amaze me how much personality a 3 month old baby has. She fits perfectly in our family, and we love her just the way she is- the spitty, fussy, cuddly, sleeping-through-the-night, bubble-blowing, mobile-loving beautiful baby girl that she is. Did you know that there is also a flower called Sweet Annie? Here it is, and it is just as lovely as my sweet Annie.

10 comments:

Erin said...

I love that there is a flower named
Sweet Annie. She is a sweet Annie! It is proof that they really do co me with their own personalities and preferences. I love her bedding!

Heidi said...

Dang, she is cute, even with the challenges she likes to give her mommy. Her baby room is super cute, and I LOVE the Sesame Street mobile.

Trent and Steph said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. She is so cute!

Trent and Whit said...

wow. Sleeping through the night. you must be living right. :) What a doll! I'm so glad that this world has "Sweet Annie" in it. Can't wait to see you guys!

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

I LOVE that girl. I too enjoy snuggling with her and enjoy giving her kisses. She does have lots of personality but I think that is what I love most about her. Can't wait to snuggle her tomorrow.

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

P.S. her room is very cute.

marciea casselman said...

That is such a tender post to the challenges and rewards of an infant. The picture of her in her crib surrounded by her blanket, bumper pads and laying on a fabulous sheet is priceless.

Brian and Amber said...

Annie is so adorable! I love all the pictures of her. I wish I could offer some piece of advice on her schedule, but I have none! I'll need tons of advise from you and Cami! You guys are pros! I'm glad all is going well for you and your family :)

angied said...

she is so cute. i cant believe how big she is getting! i feel like we havent seen you guys forever. we need to do something soon.

Addie May said...

Your blog is always so amusing to read! She really is SO, SO beautiful!