Come and see us at our new blog address-

Monday, December 1, 2008

iPod Idol

What is so great about the holidays? Family. What is so great about my family? We're not afraid to make fools of ourselves.

Thanksgiving was fabulous- filled with lots of turkey, candied yams, stuffing, potatoes and pie. (I was even able to get a little dinner down!) The highlight, however, was the Wilson Pie Party. We got together with my Scott Wilson family cousins for pie and a little entertainment. They introduced us to a game called "iPod Idol". Here's how it works: You pick a song from your iPod, crank it up so you can't even hear yourself talk, and you sing along. It's hysterical because everyone sounds tone deaf like I normally do! This game was invented by my cousins Blake and Chris on a long drive home, and it's gold. Gold, Jerry! Songs were performed by new and improved Bon Jovi, Leona Lewis, Christina Aguilera, Creed, Sara Bareilles, Kenny Chesney and let us not leave out a moving performance of Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" as sung by Tyler McCallister (he was my Idol). I think my sister-in-law Kaydee was the only one that sounded good, and she put us all to shame. (Scott thinks James should quit his job and get Kaydee singing).

Here's a taste. Laura, you know I love you. Elaine, you are the greatest. I simply couldn't resist. If someone had recorded me, I would have put myself on here.

14 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

That is so funny! I loved it! What a great idea.

Ashley said...

Oh, that is good! Blake is such a nerd. I bet he sounded just amazing. He seriously makes me laugh! You Wilson aren't afraid are ya!

Tyler and Laura said...

Man, that is too good. No shame. Absolutly no shame.

Erin said...

I love my family, but I don't think I could sing like that even in front of them! Good times.

Joy Boaz said...

Thank you so much for NOT putting me up there! The things us Wilson's will do for a little attention. It was so, so bad and yet so fun! Thanks for coming to the pie party. I think we have made a new tradition with that. I love you cuz!

Troy and Heather said...

That is hilarious. I was thinking you cranked it up on speakers so that nobody could hear you, but that is just too funny. That does sound fun, but I don't know if I could actually do it.

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

It was so much fun seeing you. The party was a lot of fun. I miss you and hope that you are doing well. Love you lots.

blogarama mamma said...

Genius. Your aunt Elaine was irresistably good. That's a little piece you should splice into her next big event for sure.

spike said...

Classic! We missed this event so I am so glad you posted it! I love this family!

The Harveys said...

Singing always sounds better with a little "egg nog". I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. There are more people sitting on that couch then there are in my family total.

stames_wiltz said...

This was the best game ever!!! I still can't believe James made Chris buy my song cause he knew I would sing if it was that song by Mandy Moore. Thanks for the best Thanksgiving ever!!! I think everyone sounded great. Kaydee

marciea casselman said...

Wow, it's cool that you have willing participants in this game. What a great idea!!
I'm glad that you were able to eat a little Thanksgiving dinner, I didn't realize that you get so sick with your pregnancies!
Good luck with that.

Kim said...

Oh the things we do for a little laugh...or big laugh in this case...I'm so glad you didn't recored or even hear me!

Leslee said...

I'm With Joy! Thanks For not Putting ME On there!! LOL That was a Great night!! Good times and The BEST GAME EVER!!!