Come and see us at our new blog address-

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Heart

We heard our new baby's heartbeat today. No matter if you've heard it before, it is still absolutely amazing. I have been so nervous about this pregnancy; we had the weird things that happened earlier in the pregnancy, and then someone very close to me lost their little one at the end of the first trimester. Whenever that happens it really makes you worry a little more. We feel so blessed that everything is progressing normally.

We had another due date discussion with the doctor and he is still keeping it at July 9th. Today makes me only 10 weeks along. It usually a little early at 10 weeks to hear the heartbeat with the doppler ultrasound device, but we did it! He said I am probably a little further along than 10 weeks, but we are just going to play it by ear towards the end. It's such a mental thing! You just like to have that date to look forward to when you are pregnant. Maybe sometime soon it will stop annoying me. I'm just so glad we could hear it's little heart- 160 BPM this time. Dr. Tayler said that once you can hear the heartbeat with the doppler you are pretty much out of miscarriage territory- 95% of miscarriages happen before you are able to hear it.

Morning sickness is starting to subside a little bit (it depends on the day). Hopefully by Christmas I will be feeling more myself. I lost a pound since my last appointment- that's new because with Will I just seemed to keep gaining and gaining.

I have taken some cute pictures of Will that I wanted to share with everyone. He's such a monkey! (Oh, and he said "blog" the other day. Sheesh. I'm in trouble). He loves Christmas and even is understanding that baby Jesus is the reason why we celebrate it. Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas so far!



17 comments:

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

That is such a relief!!!! I am so happy that all is well and you and the "littlest" Nicoll are doing well. Miss you terribly. Love you.

stames_wiltz said...

YEA!!!!! I loved hearing the heart beat.. it makes it feel so real and exciting. Will's pics are cute... Love ya and excited to see everyone over the Holidays... CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN>>Kaydee

stames_wiltz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trent and Whit said...

yay for baby Nicoll!! I'm so glad everything went well today! And I absolutly LOVE the pic of you and Will. . .Buddies forever!
love you!

Erin said...

Tyler misses Will! He talks about him every few days. And I'm so glad the doctor's appointment went well. It's crazy how it is such a mix of emotions: excited and completely nervous and anxious all at once. I hope you feel better too!

blogarama mamma said...

Congrats! Hearing the heart beat is the best, second only to the first ultrasound. Glad things are going great and can't wait to hear whether this will be a boy or a girl. :)

Rachelle said...

OH my gosh Amylee!!!! I havent blogged in such a long time...I had no idea you were pregnant again! Congratulations! That is so exciting! And little Will is so dang handsome!

Trent and Steph said...

That is so very exciting that you heard it's little heart beat.

The Harveys said...

I'm so happy! You know what sucks about you going private? I forget that I have to check your blog without relying on the update on mine. Oh well. See you soon.

Ashley said...

Aw- the heartbeat! Makes me want to cry too. Amy I love your dimples!!! Will is adorable. Hey, and thank you for that website. I have started using it and have learned a lot!

marciea casselman said...

I am so excited to hear about the progression of this little baby. I really like your countdown to baby sidebar. Hang in there........

kalie said...

CUTE BANGS!! You have the pregnant glow. I love you.

Nelson said...

Love the picture of you & Will!
So glad you announced it during "good news minute." Definitely the best news I've heard in a while!

Aimee Geddes said...

It is always magical to hear the heartbeat, and what a relief for you! BTW Will is such a pretty little boy! In a very manly way of course. I mean it though, he is more than handsome, he is beautiful!

Sam and Darcy said...

You are such a trooper! That is great that you could hear the heartbeat. We could never hear our kids heartbeat at 10 weeks. Here's hope that you are more than that!

Tobey said...

SO CUTE! I love the pic at the end :)

The Vega's said...

Look how big your little guy is getting. I love him! Thank you for the Christmas Card!!!