Come and see us at our new blog address-

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I'm having a baby.

It's true! I have been planning to announce on Thanksgiving for sometime now, but I honestly couldn't wait any longer. I am the WORST at keeping secrets. We are so incredibly excited to add another person to our family. We feel so blessed. Will is excited, although he thinks I'm giving birth to a motorcycle (let's hope he's not too disappointed). I am due July 9th, but even that is a story. It is really interesting how all of the cliches are true- "No two pregnancies are alike."

AINT THAT THE TRUTH.

Will was smooth sailing all the way through (minus the epidural wearing off during delivery). This baby has been a roller-coaster ride from the beginning. I have a feeling this one is a girl because of all of the drama that has already come about. (Bless it's little heart).

It all started on Nov. 7th when I experienced some spotting and called the doctor. I went in for a routine ultrasound to make sure everything was okay and that there was a heartbeat. I was 7 1/2 weeks at that point. Everything went well- that little flicker on the screen brought tears to my eyes. 147 BPM. Blessings. They thought the baby looked a little smaller than what it should, so they decided to do another ultrasound in two weeks to come up with a more accurate due date. (At this point, my due date was June 20th).

Two weeks passed. Two very long weeks (as goes the game when you are very sick and pregnant). I was 9 1/2 weeks along and hoping to be able to see a little more of what looks like a baby at this ultrasound. My appointment was Thursday, Nov. 20th. They measured the baby and came up with a gestational age of 7 weeks. YES, I TYPED THAT CORRECTLY. 7 WEEKS. The tech ignored me when I said I was concerned about the growth of the baby. She finished the ultrasound like someone had rung the fire alarm, and I was left to wait for the answers from my doctor. In the meantime to say that I was horribly worried would be an unjust understatement. I tried to call my doctor, but he was in the ER all day and I would just have to until the next day.

After talking to my doctor on Friday afternoon, he explained to me that at the first ultrasound the baby was very small. The growth between the two ultrasounds was normal, and that the baby was perfectly healthy at this point- with a heartbeat of 175 BPM. I was relieved... and depressed. Where I thought I was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel for this morning (more like all day) sickness, I am back in the throws. I am only 7 weeks 3 days today. I'm still getting used to that. (I liked the sound of 10 weeks 1 day much better). This has been confusing because I have long cycles. It's a curse I think.

So, there's the news! Congrats to all of you that have read it all the way through (you must have had a baby, or are pregnant, to be interested in this story for this long!!!)

PS. The baby in the ticker to the right is kind of scary. Don't you think? Miracle and all.

44 comments:

Pete and Mare said...

Congratulations Amylee!!!!!!! What a blessing! I'm soooo excited for you guys! You and Dallas are such great parents! I bet Will is so excited to have a sibling to play with! Please let me know if you need anything! Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

Trent and Whit said...

Hang in there Amy! Congratulations :)

The Beckstrom's said...

Congratulations Amy!!! Thats wonderful..Im still waiting to get my "two pink lines".

sNick said...

Woot! Love your blog, love the news, love you. Love it.

Blair and Lyndsay said...

That is awesome! Congrats...I hope it's a girl!

Troy and Heather said...

I am like you, I am the worst at keeping secrets and surprises. How exciting for you, except, of course, for the all day sickness (why they call it morning sickness, not sure). I've been there, done that all day sickness thing, but it will all be worth it in the end, right. Congratulations.

ClaysJenna said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

cole linnae said...

AMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:D i am so happy for you. i knew it would happen sometime soon :) :) :)

Trent and Steph said...

Congrats!!! That is very exciting news.

Tyler and Laura said...

I am crying a little bit. I have been waiting for this....So happy for you.

Wendy said...

YAY! Congrats! It would certainly be fun to have one of each :)

marciea casselman said...

Yay!! Oh the drama of children and childbirth. I have had my share of excitement in that arena.
I am very happy for your cute family.
Congratulations..........

Wendy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you. They are sooo much fun and soooo much work. But worth all of it. Hang in there and keep us posted on the happenings!

Ashley said...

I guess I'll say that I read all the way through because I am wanting to get pregnant. But I always read all of your posts anyway! You always make things interesting! So CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you... and jealous! I thing pregnancy is the most wonderful thing in the world. And I'll just also say that I was ready to have another baby way before Taylor was one- she was like six months old. But it always takes me a long time to get pregnant.

Natasha said...

Yea for you and your cute family! :) That is very exciting news! Keep me posted...love you so! Congrats!

-Natasha :)

kalie said...

Hi my favorite Amylee. It's good to "hear" the news. :) I heart you and your little fetus! And to answer your question--no.

angied said...

i hope its a girl. i would love to see a girl nicoll!

Chris and McKell said...

Yeah!!! Congrats congrats I am so happy! I hope its a girl so Hadley can have a friend!

Heidi said...

That is AWESOME! Too bad you aren't due June 20th because that would have made us due 6 days apart.

And I'm sorry about the morning sickness....

Laurel Hansen Photography said...

Hooray!!! For sure it's a girl...boys wouldn't do that to you.

Ty and Mari said...

I am so stinkin excited for you! I feel bad that you had to "go back" in your pregnancy! But oh well, as long as the little bean is healthy I think any mom would be pregnant for 3 years if they had to! Congratulations!

The Harveys said...

I am shocked by this news. Very excited that your family will be bigger and happier!! Congratulations Nicolls.

Amanda said...

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! That is SOO exciting!!! Congrats!

Mand

Joy Boaz said...

Amy Lee... Congrats!! This is very good news to hear. I love you so and wish you the best through all of the throwing up and non-stop nausea. Oh, the things us mother's do for our babys!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Amy- I just came across your blog! Congrats on another baby! I just also saw that you're going private! I hope that you'll invite us. We would be so happy to stay up on what's going on in your lives. check out our blog. www.bradandnatalia.blogspot.com
and invite me if you want:) tally92582@aol.com
~Natalia Bonner

Addie May said...

Holy Cow I am so happy for you guys! Wow, you'll be a mama of two. It's kinda strange that we're all grown up, I sometimes still feel like I should be in high school. You ever get that feeling? CONGRATS!!!

*~Sarah~* said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys... I too hope it's a girl. a boy and a girl is perfect... most of the time anyway hehe

kathryn said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Congratulations!!!
Now we REALLY need to get together! Sheesh! Love you!

Moser Clan said...

Oh AMY MY FRIEND!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

blogarama mamma said...

29 comments?! You're a fricking blogging rock star. Congratulations on the baby on the way! I am so very excited for you. You are good at keeping that secret whilst I was hounding you about a baby shower for the Loder side and you providing this. I cann't wait to hear more. So sorry about the morning sickness. Have you tried any Zofran or are you kicking it old school sans medicine? Also, baby Isabel (don't knwo the spelling) has arrived and is going to be coming home from the hospital soon. The adoption is final, so we are so excited for Jackson and Kami too!

Erin said...

I am so excited for you! I have been thinking a lot about you lately and wondering what was happening with you. You are right, blessings. Congratulations!

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

I swear I just looked at your blog the other day and didn't see this post. I can't believe all of your comments. I don't think I ever get that many people looking at my blog let alone commenting. I think it is because you are such a sweetheart!! I love you so much and am tickled "pink" or "blue" for you and Dallas. Can't wait to see you on Thursday. Lots of love.

Kelleen said...

Yippee - the world will be blessed with another adorable Nicoll baby! I'm just hoping this "moving to Logan" thing will be timed so that we all get to see the little cutie...or at least you'd better plan to visit Heber early and often. Congrats my cute friend!!!

The Vega's said...

Congratulations! I was just thinking about you and thought I would check out your blog! I am just so happy for you! I think girl too since its put you through such grief...(if it is a girl) it doesnt get much better. But they are so fun! Congrats again and keep us all posted! Love Ya!

Laura said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! KJ sure misses you in nursery. Our computer has been down and so I just saw that you are going private. As soon as I get the motivation to finish putting our blog together I have thought about having it be private too- anyway please invite me to yours! Our email is teamarnold@yahoo.com. Give Will a love for me-Laura Arnold

sNick said...

35 comments just wasn't enough. I thought I'd make it 36. It's official, you and your blogged are loved.

Les said...

I'll just make it 37-congratulations!! Yay!

Aimee Geddes said...

Amylee! I am so happy for you. Congrats. I know this one will be every bit as cute as Will. He cracks me up!

Nelson said...

Love this news. Congrats. Again.

Bill and Joan said...

Congratulations! Once the sweet little baby arrives, you'll forget about all the sickness....until it happens again. Good luck and "enjoy the ride."

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all!!! YEA!!!! Glad everything is well now. Keep us updated. I am still laughing at the motorcycle comment...too funny!

Jenn said...

41 comments...what a rock star. Yes...the baby thing is scary. Haha. I love your stories. Glad your Thanksgiving was great. Love you! See you Friday!

spike said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Loves

Tobey said...

Yay!!!! Congrats!