Come and see us at our new blog address-

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Nicoll Summer Games 2012

 Every year for Independence Day we spend the weekend in Afton, WY.  This year since it fell mid-week, we celebrated the weekend before.  Besides enjoying the perfect temperatures that are characteristic of a Wyoming July, we spent lots of time cuddling Grandma and jumping on the tramp.


 These things were all fun, but the greatest part was the Nicoll Summer Games!  Events included:
Horseshoes
Badminton
.22 Pistol Shooting
Lightning (the basketball game)
100 Meter Dash
When the scores were totaled, we learned that I am not the athlete that I thought I was :).  Ha!  The results were:

Gold- Beau
Silver- Abby
Bronze- Seth

There were some major upsets in the Badminton event where Kallie and Abby ended up placing first, the .22 shooting where Shanna scored an 88 to take silver, and Beau's lanky legs carried him to gold in the 100 Meter Dash.
Kallie made the medals and deserved a medal herself for all of her hard work by the end!
We had the greatest weekend which, of course, left us utterly exhausted at the end!

3 comments:

marciea casselman said...

That looks like a super fun get-together. And I love your last picture.

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I totally need to be a part of a family that gets medals at family reunions! Those are fantastic! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time! I love all the pictures!

Erin said...

Can I join your family? That looks like so much fun! I'm a little surprised you didn't win the 100 meter dash ;)