Come and see us at our new blog address-

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Come Together

Before our friends Brady and Angie had even left the hospital after losing Brady's parents and their daughter, the community of Wasatch County was pulling together.  A huge fundraiser was in the works, and we pulled it off last Saturday.

It was a huge event including a 5K race, breakfast, silent auction, raffle, yard sale and bake sale.  My friends and I were in charge of the yard sale/bake sale portion and things started to just fall together.  People were offering anything they could to help out.

When all was said and done, people opened their hearts, and pocket books, all in support of these wonderful families.  We weren't sure people would come to donate, and then all of a sudden we had an indoor football field full of stuff.  We had three long tables filled with homemade baked goods that people that didn't even know any of the families involved were willing to donate- some all the way from Wyoming.  People were generous- buying a $5 loaf of bread and giving $50.  No matter the cost, all they wanted to do was help.

This is why we are on this Earth together.  We are here to lift when the other person can't even hold their head up.  Our Savior spent his time on Earth serving others, and if we are to be like him, then we need to do as he did.  Serve.

Although Brady and Angie are dear friends of ours, I can't say we really knew Quincy all that well.  Even as an acquaintance, Quincy has changed me.  She has taught me to be a better mother- to let things go and snuggle longer.  She has taught me to think of others before myself.  She has taught me how important faith really is.  We have nothing without our faith.  I'm grateful for these lessons.

My sweet kids wanted to visit Quincy last week, so Will decided to draw her a picture, and Annie picked some flowers and we went to the cemetery.  It was so tender watching my children pay tribute to this little girl.  We are all humbled.
"Hi Quincy, We are so happy to see you."

2 comments:

marciea casselman said...

I am glad the day turned out so good. It's so nice to help one another out.

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I'm so happy to hear it was such a success! I'm sure your efforts are a great blessing to the family!