Come and see us at our new blog address-

Friday, August 13, 2010

Onward and Upward

The last few weeks of summer are winding down. I can feel them slipping between my fingers like water. The other day when I was driving back from Park City I saw fall- the first orange trees of the season were spotting the scrub oak hills. I look forward to fall, as I always do, but I feel a sense of longing this year.

It's because I know what I'm in for when fall begins- Dallas' long days of school.

However, I am excited that he will be stepping foot on the University of Utah campus where he will be graduating. Four years is a long time from now, but I also know how quickly four years can fly by; I have an almost four year old boy to prove it! I'm so proud of Dallas and what a hard worker he is. He's talented and driven and he is an incredible provider for our family. He's set a big goal for himself and I can't wait until I'm sitting in that arena with a 7 year old boy and a 4 year old girl as we watch their Daddy receive his Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.

For now I will busy myself with making lunches, playing with kids, serving in primary, the occasional book and TV show, and running my heart out. I'm not going to wish time away- there's too much to enjoy along the way.

4 comments:

marciea casselman said...

Four years looks like a long time when we are staring at it from the beginning. However, when it's over, it will seem like it flew by.
Enjoy every minute. :)

Amanda said...

I agree! Four years seems like such a long time, but goes by so fast! I get sad during this time because it means that I have to go back to work. Ugh. When I get going though, it's not too bad. Just can't wait till I can be at home with my kiddo's while Jake brings in the big bucks.. ha ha ha. (that was a joke... for the time being at least).

Nelson said...

Amen.
7 & 4, that's crazy!

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

I can picture that day, and I want to be sitting there with you!! It will be a great day. Maybe I might have my BSN by then. :)