Come and see us at our new blog address-

Monday, November 2, 2009

And this is why I love holidays:


Pure untainted joy. That is what was exuding from my three year old on Halloween. Everything was full of excitement and anticipation; whether it was carving pumpkins for the first time in his recent memory, trick-or-treating and coming home with 56 pieces of candy (to which he replied, "Wow! I have a hundred!"), or creating a silly Halloween coloring page book, Will had the greatest time. And since he had such a good time, so did we. I'm so happy we get to have these experiences for many years to come. I can't imagine that it will ever get old for Dallas and I as parents.

Annie's costume accentuates her cheeks perfectly.



Let's not forget this:

It's been 5 years since the last time I used any of my stage make-up skills, but I think I've still got it!
This bum is way cuter than her ducky costume! :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

This year Tyler was super excited too! Will is the cutest Spider Man ever. I love the classic bum picture!

Trent and Whit said...

grossies and gories! I love your little duck and Spiderman! Kids make holidays soooo much fun!

Ben and Heidi said...

You definitely still have the touch with the stage make-up, you look great. Where's Dallas' costume picture!?!

Trent and Steph said...

They look so cute!

marciea casselman said...

Amylee, your makeup job is great. It looks like you were in an awful battle. I agree with you. Kids and Halloween just go together perfectly. I just love how surprised they are when they are really little and don't quite get the trick-or-treating thing. They yell trick-or-treat and they get candy. What could possibly be better than that?