Come and see us at our new blog address-

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jewel


All of the grand kids on my Loder side have a chance to take my Grandma Jewel out on her dime- we call it "A Day Out With Grandma." Last night I took my Grandma to dinner and we went to see The Scarlet Pimpernel at Davis High. (I know she loved it even though she fell asleep...) It was so nice to really make an effort to see just my Grandma and spend some time with her. We are so lucky because my Mom takes care of her so we get to see her often. She has been such a great influence in my life and has always set an example of the importance of family. It was fun to be able to treat her, even though I was the one being treated. Thank you Grandma. I love you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Grandmas! Good for you for taking the time to share moments like that (even when they do fall asleep, lol). It will be nice to look back many years from now and have no regrets. Have a good Thanksgiving!!!! I was sad I missed Bunco. Hope you didn't have too much fun w/ out me. I'll see you next month.

I forgot to give you my e-mail:
jonesutah@yahoo.com

Troy and Heather said...

You are so sweet to do that for your grandma. I am sure you and her will both cherish those kind of moments. I wish I would have done stuff like that for my grandmas.

The Harveys said...

I love Grandma.

marciea casselman said...

Grandmas are the best. I don't have one any more but my children have grandmas. I myself hope to be a good grandma when that day comes.

Erin said...

This makes me miss my grandma. I was spoiled too, I saw her more than any of her other grandchildren. For the past four days Tyler has been randomly saying, "Amy" or "Will." He misses Will!

*~Sarah~* said...

I hope you have my email ericepps@netzero.com.... It was good seeing you last night!

Jenn said...

I love that she fell asleep! That is adorable. Is that cute little Will in that pic?

The Beckstrom's said...

I know this sounds corny, but treasure those precious moments...they will be ones to keep close.

Nelson said...

I really enjoyed hearing more of the "details" about the night out with Grandma the other night. Thanks for sharing.