Come and see us at our new blog address-

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Swears


Will is at the age where he is repeating everything (unfortunately for us). It finally happened. Will said his first swear word. (Pick your jaws up off your desk- I know it's a huge surprise to know that either Dallas or I would ever use a swear word.) Today I was making pancakes and I accidentally dropped an egg on the kitchen floor. Before I could think about it, the dreaded "S" word escaped my lips. Next thing we know, Will has repeated it. Now when this situation comes upon first time parents we would like to think about how we would react explaining to our child how inappropriate and wrong it us to use these certain swear words. However, in all reality, it was hilarious. We laughed and turned our faces trying to hide our smiles. It was too late. He saw. He said it again. Our No, Will!'s were falling on deaf ears. He's said it several times throughout the day. I think ignoring it is the best option at this point. It's my fault. But, I blame my mother. After all, I learned it from her.

15 comments:

stames_wiltz said...

thats shit, you learned it from Dad!

Joy Boaz said...

My first swear word was when I was 3 years old and my mom found me in my room with all my dolls lined up. I was pointing my finger at them and sayin damn it, damn it. My mother felt horrible and yet I'm sure she laughed a little too!
Your Will could get away with anything beacuase he'e so dang cute!!

cole linnae said...

hahahahahah thats the best. i bet your moms gonna kill you if she ever reads that =)

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

You do have a potty mouth but I think that is what makes you so endearing! Yes, we do know that the naughty words are part of the Wilson genetic code!!!

Kelleen said...

Amy - you are too cute. I've loved reading your blog. What is up with this moving business? I'm so sad that you are leaving our ward - we will miss you! That Will is so adorable - and so smart - watch out!

Nelson said...

How could you not laugh? It truly was the only option. He is so cute!

Kim said...

Chris' response to this story was, "Yep, she's a Wilson." That is a great story! Thanks for sharing.

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! This is certainly something I worry about teaching my children. I need a little work. I am sure that this happens to every parent though. You are probably right to ignore him. He will forget the word soon. It seems that the more you tell kids "don't" do something they "do" exactly that! It is True, huh!

Ashley said...

Oh, and I can't believe you really like Jacob!!! I am only to page 164 (I know, I hate it when I have to put it down too) but I am so irritated with Jacob. He is an immature punk!

Erin said...

That's awesome! I think ignoring it is best too. Good times! Tyler is our little immitator now too. I'll have to make sure I keep it clean for his little ears.

The Harveys said...

I don't see the problem here- teach him the sound "zu" and what you have here is obviously dog breeds. Fixed.

Andra said...

HA!!!!

Trent and Steph said...

That is okay. Cort has already said that word as well and he is a lot younger than Will. I also laughed my head off when he said it.

marciea casselman said...

Don't you just love children? They are the perfect imitators and allow us to see all of our faults.
I don't know which I enjoyed more, your story or the comments.

Ty and Laura said...

Next thing you know he will be in the corner being scared to say swear words with his cousin...