Come and see us at our new blog address-

Friday, May 16, 2008

To answer questions...


A few of you have posted some comments asking questions about my trip to New York. So, to answer them...
NO. I am not going with Dallas.
To some this seems crazy. To us, it's perfect. Let's face it- Dallas is not a theater guy. The only shows he goes to involve my cousin Laura (figure that one out). He is also not a city person. Put him on a four wheeler in the mountains and he's happy. Surround him with fast paced people, dirty streets, honking horns and high rises, and he would rather stay in the hotel and watch The O'Reily Factor. It's the gruesome truth.
I am actually going to NYC with my Mom! I can't wait to bustle all over the busy city with my Mom. She's like me; when we are on vacation we don't want to sleep. We want to play. We are going with a trip from Davis High where my friend Andra (and former teacher) teaches drama. It will be so fun because a lot of the kids I worked with this year for Shakespeare will also be coming.
What am I most excited for in New York?
The fashion. There's something about those Fendi's and Manolo Blahnik's that draw me in... I know I can't afford it, but you better believe I will be taking pictures of me in them.
Don't get me wrong, seeing Wicked will be... well, wicked.

8 comments:

Erin said...

This is going to sound totally cheesy, but I'm so glad you are doing exactly what you want to be doing. You are finishing school, being a mom, doing theater stuff...well it makes me a little jealous! You'll have to enjoy NY for the both of us.

The Harveys said...

If you weren't so opposed to the idea, I'd tell you to just take the fendis and pay for them "later". Robin Hood did it and everyone thought he was a hero. I'm going to miss you more than Dallas will.

Laurel said...

So jealous that you are going to New York. I love it there. It is my dream to see Wicked. Good luck trying on the shoes...I always got dirty looks...like in Pretty Woman...doesn't say much for me, does it.

The Beckstrom's said...

SHOPPING EXTRAVAGANZA! I loved New York for that. Totally go to little China and Grenich Village...total bargains there.

Have fun!

Nelson said...

I love, love, love New York! Wish I were going with you. I would love to live there for a few years, Mitch (like Dallas) would not be into that.

Troy and Heather said...

When I went to New York I went with my sister. I would love to go back, but ya I doubt my husband would enjoy it like I did as well. I hope you and your mom have a blast.

marciea casselman said...

Amy, I am so excited that you get to go to NYC. I went once with Boyd and we saw the Buddy Holly Story. It was so great. I love the excitement in the air there! That was one of Kalie's favorite trips that she went on with Andra's theater group. She had a ball.
I hope youh have a great time!

kalie said...

Did you really leave Jimmy Choo off that list? LOL!