Come and see us at our new blog address-

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dirty Dash 5K

Ohhh, yessss! This race was so much fun!!! Way more fun than I was anticipating it to be. I was worried because of my fear of dirt. At first I tried really really really hard to keep my hands clean, but that failed, and you know what? I DIDN'T DIE!

I learned that no matter what the race, conditions, location, or course, this face loves to run- obviously. (See picture below for proof).

My team was the greatest! From L to R: Lindsey Harvey, Nicki Preece, Cami Hansen, Me, and Darcy Haas

After the race you had the privilege of showering in clean mountain runoff. No joke. That shower was C-O-L-D.

Freshly showered and ready to go home! (I have no idea what is wrong with my camera. You can send me a new one and I'll proudly list you as a sponsor on my blog.)

The fun didn't stop there because my sister and I came back to run the Piglet Plunge with our little piglets Will and Ty. They couldn't believe that we were actually telling them to roll in the mud!

Below: I am helping will down the Slop n' Slide.

The Pig Sty was up to Will's shoulders so I had to hold him up and wade through it with him. It made my stay-as-clean-as-possible-on-the-piglet-plunge goal fail miserably. (I still didn't get half as dirty as I did during my morning race).


Run, Will, run!!!
Aren't they proud? The kids received temporary tattoos as their medals. The rest of us just received "muddles". Aren't I punny?
THE END.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

Way to go you two. Lucky Will, how many boys get to have their Moms play in a mud puddle with them. Love it

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

Sis, thanks for inspiring me to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I have two fun memories due to you- Ragnar/Dirty Dash. Here's to Las Vegas Ragnar 2012. I LOVE YOU!