My husband gained another year in his age and has already proved to me since yesterday how much wiser he is than I am. He tends to do that a lot. In honor of his birthday, here are some things you may not know about Dallas:
- Dallas is funny. Really, really funny. However, he only shows his humor to a handful of people.
- If he could make a living as a used car salesman, that would be his dream job.
- When he was about 7 years old, he leaned up to the stove and his shirt caught fire. Instead of applying "stop, drop, and roll", he ran- causing his mother to chase him around the house, finally tackling him outside in order to put out the flames. He was very badly burned and still has scars all up his back.
- His Grandpa Lyman Nicoll gave Dallas a blessing after he was burned that he wouldn't feel any pain- and he didn't. Not even through the scrubbing of his skin and changing of bandages that happened every day for weeks.
- He wants to move to New Mexico, and we talk about it often.
- He does like nice new trucks, but I think he would still prefer the biggest, oldest truck he could find on ksl.com. (Maybe this isn't really true, but it sure feels that way!)
- He's a good sport and listens to my Dad tell stories for hours (or days) on end.
- He worries about his siblings a lot and is always thinking of ways he can help them.
- At one point in his life, he used to have a parole officer. He didn't tell me this and I found out about it in the line at our wedding when his ex-parole officer introduced himself!
- He absolutely HATES IT when I plan something on Saturdays. He wants to be able to do whatever he wants. If we do something spontaneously, that's fine, he just doesn't want any plans.
Happy 28th Birthday, Dallas!!!