Come and see us at our new blog address-

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 Nephi 13:30-33

About a month ago I had a dream that a major world war broke out right where we were living. I woke up with a pit in my stomach and felt the urgency that we needed to be stocking up on some of the food and things that we use the most. Every week Dallas and I have been talking about how we could use some of our budget to buy some extra food storage, but week after week we found ourselves without a penny to spare.

Friday night I read 3 Nephi 13:30-33 during my personal scripture study:

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.
31 Therefore take not though, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

Saturday morning we were blessed by an angel, someone that must have been listening to the promptings of the spirit on our behalf, as our family witnessed what was to us, a miracle- food storage.

Over the last few years things have been tight for us financially, but we have always had the things that we need, and so many of the things that we want as well. Without the Lord's help, I know this wouldn't be possible. Our budget never works out on paper, but somehow, each month, we are able to meet our obligations and then some. I am so thankful that the Lord listens to my little pleadings and worries, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem. He knows they are important to me. I hope I always have the faith to allow Him to bless our family.

4 comments:

Leslee said...

It never stops amazing me how things just "Work out" when we NEED them most:) and maybe not when "WE" think we need them most....but when GOD KNOWS we need them most.
I love hearing that you are blessed. I feel blessed so much by those around me and continue to pray that I will be prompted to act on my thoughts and feelings from the spirit so that I can Bless others as well.
You are Amazing Amylee! I Love you!
If you get a chance tell that Food Storage Fairy to fly over our way :) It's so hard to stay on top of Food Storage and rotate through it in a timely manner! Such an awesome thing to have though!

Love, Leslee Ann

sNick said...

Wow. I've been trying to understand miracles a bit better lately. This post helps. Thank you.

Rachelle said...

So amazing...Casey and I have been really trying to get some food storage lately too...its hard...I was really worried about it on Monday night, there was a knock on our door, it was our home teacher with some food storage for us. Amazing....

Nelson said...

Such a beautiful miracle. I am so happy for you.