Come and see us at our new blog address-

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Little Humbled


Yesterday was an odd day. We were on the way to Syracuse to have the Wilson Family Birthday Bash when Dallas' Grandma Kaiserman called to tell us that his Great Uncle David passed away. David had a horrible disease that over time caused him to lose all control of his muscles. He could speak, but that was hard to understand. He wanted so badly to go to sleep and not wake-up, and he was lucky enough to get that wish. It is a blessing to know that he is in a much better place, and hopefully (if we know David) he is dancing.

The birthday party was fun. The best part was when Lauren tried on my boots and was determined to walk all over the house. She was hysterical! I can't wait to have a girl one day and watch her play dress up.


When we were wrapping up the festivities my brother Sam got a text message from KSL telling him that President Hinckley passed away. We had to turn on the T.V. and wait for news before we could really believe it. I know Pres. Hinckley was 97, but for some reason I just felt that he was invincible and would live forever. I am so grateful for his charismatic leadership. I really feel that he helped people to realize that just because you are a Prophet of God, doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor. I will never forget the awed respect I felt when he walked into the conference center and everyone stopped. He truly was a Prophet.

We will miss both David and President Hinckley, but we are greatful for our knowledge of the next life that brings us such peace in times like these.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Well put. Love you guys. See you soon.

Jenn said...

Thanks for all the baby name suggestions! I really like Ryan. I talked to Krista tonight and she said she will probably name their baby Crew. It reminds me of Paul Crewe off of The Longest Yard. Anyway...thanks for all your help! See you Saturday.