Come and see us at our new blog address-

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ode to Joy

All of the hard work getting ready for Christmas (and literally working myself sick) was worth it when I got to see this:
I didn't need to go as far as having Santa bring a dragon castle though, I could have just stopped at the stockings. He opened his stocking up and got a 39 cent puzzle, a teeny sticker book and a Christmas pencil and exclaimed, "Wow! Look at all of my stuff!" I should have saved a buck or two.
I feel like the highlight of the holiday was when we went sledding with my Dad and my brother, Clay. Christmas Eve couldn't have been a more gorgeous day! Our faces in this picture as we were racing my Dad pretty much says it all (you'll have to double click to enlarge it):
Annie was sweet- unless you took the wrapping paper away because then she would throw a full blown tantrum. (Yes, I would do it because it cracked me up. Nothing like torturing your children for personal enjoyment.)
Overall Christmas day was... peaceful. Just like I had hoped. It was glorious to stay home as a family of 4 and let things go at our own pace. I think we may even try it next year. But, as my Dad says, nothing is over like Christmas. At least we have digitally frozen a few memories to look back on.





5 comments:

Nate, Cami and Crew said...

Such cute pictures! My favorite is will as the angelic shepherd, so darling. Annie and the wrapping paper was a riot. I loved being able to see you and your family. Glad you had a Merry Christmas. Love you lots.

marciea casselman said...

I have the same sweater as your mom. I guess we both share good taste.
I think that the sledding idea looks fun, I wish that we all liked the snow a little bit more.
I am glad that you had a great holiday.

Erin said...

Will is such a handsome little man! I love the action shot of you sledding. Annie is such a sweet girl. I just love those cheeks! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas.

kalie said...

I love you and I'm so sad I missed you!!! But I explained why in the email I just sent. GO READ IT. :)

Trent and Whit said...

I love that picture of your mom and Annie. Priceless!! We sure love the Nicolls!